So it seems I haven’t posted a Julep Maven Unboxing…
Yep, I did it. I went to one of the craziest malls on Boxing Day this year… and I survived. And although I could have been distracted by unplanned stops on my trip, I stayed my course and grabbed just a few things from my fave stores.
My first stop was LUSH because of their famous Boxing Day BOGO sale. See, this is what started it all. I had tried to grab a couple items online in the morning and the site was not co-operating, so I had the brilliant idea of heading right to the store. It was really crowded but the staff there was friendly and helped manage the line really well.
My LUSH Haul:
- Rose Jam shower gel – A longtime fave of all my fellow LUSHies. This is a sticky sweet floral shower gel that only comes out a few times a year.
- Bubbly shower gel – I first tried this shower gel out in the LUSH advent calendar and loved the crisp citrus smell, so time to get a back up!
- Mr. Sandman dusting powder – I am already obsessed with some of LUSH’s more sparkly dusting powders, so I thought I’d try out a new lavender one.
- Snow Fairy body conditioner – I was pretty disappointed they had no Snow Fairy shower gel in stock, but this body conditioner is a good runner-up!
My next stop was Saje, which was actually pretty calm as far as crowds go (or maybe it was the calming scent of the store). I received an Aroma Gem diffuser as a gift, so I wanted to stock up on essential oils for it. They even had a buy 3, get 20% off deal!
My Saje Haul:
- Celebrate – Warm, spicy and festive, this one has orange, cloves and cinnamon.
- Liquid Sunshine – Cheerful is right! The mix of grapefruit, bergamot and lime makes me real happy.
- Tranquility – This one’s for a night. It has a blend of lavender, chamomile and ylang ylang to chill me out before bed.
And of course, no trip to the mall is complete without a stop at Sephora. I was kind of “meh” about the Boxing Day $15 sets, but I did notice the Urban Decay Vintage Vice Capsule collection had been reduced to $14 (CAD) a lipstick! These are back in stock online at Sephora!
I grabbed four lipsticks because that seemed like a good amount. Of course two are purple.
Last stop was MAC Cosmetics to do a quick product exchange. I had spent a gift card earlier in the week on the Shadescent perfume Candy Yum-Yum, but after an hour or so the scent had completely worn off. Velvet Teddy though, which I had tested on my opposite wrist, was not only still strong as ever, but it had morphed into this gorgeous spicy honey musk fragrance that I could not stop sniffing. Bye bye Candy Yum-Yum.
What did you pick up on Boxing Day this year? Share with me below in the comments!
Do you want cash back when you shop?
If you don't have an eBates account yet, you're missing out on FREE MONEY! Just click through eBates every time you shop online and you get part of your purchase back!
***SIGN UP FOR eBATES***