My thick, wavy, unruly hairs needs help. It’s sort of…
I dyed my hair for over 10 years and very recently stopped. The hassle of weekly root touch-ups and hair dye on all my towels (and pillowcases) is not something I miss. But what I do miss is playing with crazy hair colours. I’ve had bright red, pink, purple, green, black cherrry. So when I picked up Garnier Color Styler in Blue Burst at Spark Sessions, I was excited to play with a little colour again.
Garnier Color Styler kits come in 5 colours: Pink Pop, Bronze Attitude, Red Temptation, Purple Mania and Blue Burst. You get 1 bottle of wash-out colour and a pair of black rubber gloves, and of course there’s a set of instructions.
How it works:
1. Put on the gloves.
2. Shake the bottle like a polaroid picture.
3. Squeeze a few drops onto the tips of your gloved fingers.
4. Spread it between your fingers by rubbing them together.
5. Select a small section of hair and slide your gloved fingers over it. Reapply coluor and repeat for each section you want to colour.
6. Let the product dry thoroughly (or blow dry like I did), then brush hair to set product.
(wearing MAC Kinky lipstick)
What you may notice is that the texture of my hair is a bit stiff. The product dried a bit like hairspray and became slightly matted by the end of the day. It didn’t end up all over my face or clothes though, which is good.
THOUGHTS: I am on the fence! I love the colour and think this product out-performs most temp colours I have tried. But I do not like how it made my hair feel. I have worked really hard getting my hair back to healthy and this made it feel like I had run bleach through it a few times.
COMPARED TO SPLAT WASHABLES: Garnier colour is brighter and it doesn’t transfer or stain skin or pillows! It is also not as stiff as the Splat formula. But Splat doesn’t leave hair feeling dry and dull.