A couple years ago, something curious appeared in my neighbourhood.…
My hair is difficult. It’s thick, wavy and a bit fuzzy. I used to flat iron it every day but had to stop because of all the damage. Needless to say, I definitely need a hair intervention. Enter, a match made in hair heaven: the Tresemme 7 Day Keratin Smooth System and Conair 1″ Ceramic Straightener. The Tresemme system boasts up to 7 days of smooth hair. It takes a few steps to achieve, but the results are totally worth it:
- STEP 1: PREP – Shampoo and condition with TRESemmé 7 Day Keratin Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner. Then towel-dry hair.
- STEP 2: SECTION & APPLY – Divide hair into 4-6 equal sections. Dispense 2 pumps of the Heat Activated Treatment (per section) into your palm, then rub hands together before applying evenly to each section of your hair.
- STEP 3: DISTRIBUTE – Comb the Heat Activated Treatment through your hair, distributing it from root to tip, to ensure an even, frizz-resistant barrier throughout.
- STEP 4: BLOW-DRY – Blow-dry while using a round brush until hair is completely dry.
- STEP 5: ACTIVATE – To activate the Thermal Technology, flat iron hair in small sections. Repeat 3 passes per section.
Tresemme 7 Day Keratin Smooth Shampoo – This is creamy and lathers up quite nicely. A pleasant scent, very typical shampoo smell. Retail $8.99 CAD
Tresemme 7 Day Keratin Smooth Conditioner – Extremely hydrating and easy to spread through my hair. Detangled like nobody’s business. Retail $8.99 CAD
Tresemme 7 Day Keratin Smooth Heat Activated Treatment – Now this is a magic potion, for real. You have to use quite a few pumps to cover all your hair if it is thick like mine (8-10) but it won’t leave your hair greasy at all. Lock it in with flat iron heat, and your hair is super smooth for days. Retail $7.99 CAD
As a side note, I also received a really nice Conair 1″ Ceramic Flat Iron. The ceramic-coated plates help distribute heat evenly without causing frizz and breakage. This flat iron heats up in 20 seconds with an indicator light that shows when it is ready for use.
3 temperature settings with up to 220C (430F) high heat. Even at the highest heat setting, my hair didn’t get too hot.
It also has this super handy 6 ft. swivel power cord so you don’t get wrapped up…. this is a problem for us accident-prone people.
The Conair 1″ Ceramic Flat Iron retails for $39.99 CAD and comes with a 2 year warranty.