Warm weather is finally here my fellow Canadians! Time for…
Yep, I did it. I went to one of the craziest malls on Boxing Day this year… and I survived. And although I could have been distracted by unplanned stops on my trip, I stayed my course and grabbed just a few things from my fave stores.
My first stop was LUSH because of their famous Boxing Day BOGO sale. See, this is what started it all. I had tried to grab a couple items online in the morning and the site was not co-operating, so I had the brilliant idea of heading right to the store. It was really crowded but the staff there was friendly and helped manage the line really well.
My LUSH Haul:
- Rose Jam shower gel – A longtime fave of all my fellow LUSHies. This is a sticky sweet floral shower gel that only comes out a few times a year.
- Bubbly shower gel – I first tried this shower gel out in the LUSH advent calendar and loved the crisp citrus smell, so time to get a back up!
- Mr. Sandman dusting powder – I am already obsessed with some of LUSH’s more sparkly dusting powders, so I thought I’d try out a new lavender one.
- Snow Fairy body conditioner – I was pretty disappointed they had no Snow Fairy shower gel in stock, but this body conditioner is a good runner-up!
My next stop was Saje, which was actually pretty calm as far as crowds go (or maybe it was the calming scent of the store). I received an Aroma Gem diffuser as a gift, so I wanted to stock up on essential oils for it. They even had a buy 3, get 20% off deal!
My Saje Haul:
- Celebrate – Warm, spicy and festive, this one has orange, cloves and cinnamon.
- Liquid Sunshine – Cheerful is right! The mix of grapefruit, bergamot and lime makes me real happy.
- Tranquility – This one’s for a night. It has a blend of lavender, chamomile and ylang ylang to chill me out before bed.
And of course, no trip to the mall is complete without a stop at Sephora. I was kind of “meh” about the Boxing Day $15 sets, but I did notice the Urban Decay Vintage Vice Capsule collection had been reduced to $14 (CAD) a lipstick! These are back in stock online at Sephora!
I grabbed four lipsticks because that seemed like a good amount. Of course two are purple.
Last stop was MAC Cosmetics to do a quick product exchange. I had spent a gift card earlier in the week on the Shadescent perfume Candy Yum-Yum, but after an hour or so the scent had completely worn off. Velvet Teddy though, which I had tested on my opposite wrist, was not only still strong as ever, but it had morphed into this gorgeous spicy honey musk fragrance that I could not stop sniffing. Bye bye Candy Yum-Yum.
What did you pick up on Boxing Day this year? Share with me below in the comments!